World Expeditions has announced two new handcrafted photography-focused itineraries for 2019 – one along the Silk Road in June and the other in the Indian Himalayan Markha Valley in September – to be led by internationally-renowned Lonely Planet photographer and Canon Master, Richard I’ Anson.
Both trips are designed to provide opportunities for photographers of all abilities to enhance their skills in two wonderful visually rich and fascinating destinations, under the guidance of Richard I’ Anson, who has escorted photography tours for World Expeditions for 7 years.
The 15 day Silk Road Journey from Tashkent to Turkmenbashi with Richard I’Anson, which departs Tashkent on 4 June 2019 and costs AUD$6,670 per person, weaves its way through the cultural highlights of Central Asia and includes a night camping by the Darvaza Gas Crater, otherwise known as the “Door to Hell” .
The 15 day Markha Valley Trek & Ladakhi Festivals with Richard I’Anson, which departs Leh on 21 September 2019 and costs AUD$4,990 per person, takes in all the colour and movement of both the Ladakh and the Dha Festivals as well as a trek through the stunning Himalayan landscape of the Markha Valley.
According to Richard, his photography tours focus on teaching new skills and the travel experience offers so many opportunities to experiment with different light, image framing and subject choice.
“My aim is to inspire people to see and think creatively and to produce photographs that go beyond simply being a record of the trip,” he said. “Beautiful landscapes or interesting faces become all the more memorable when they are well captured, both technically and creatively, and in a way that best reflects the photographer’s personal response”.
Richard’s trips give participants with a special interest in photography – no matter what equipment they use – the opportunity to develop their technical and creative skills through informal tuition, discussion and feedback while taking pictures in inspirational locations.
For more information and bookings please visit www.worldexpeditions.com
- Rumpl Original Puffy Blanket - May 19, 2019
- Best outdoor adventures in Kinosaki Onsen - May 18, 2019
- Repair and Reuse with Gear Aid - March 20, 2019
- Whale sharks arrive early to Ningaloo - March 12, 2019
- Tips for River Crossings in 4WD - March 1, 2019
- Glamping in the Red Centre - February 23, 2019
- Coral Regeneration with Anantara Maldives - February 22, 2019
- Explore Galápagos with Lindblad - February 21, 2019
- Unique Maldivian sanctuary in an inland jungle - February 20, 2019
- Mammoth Mountain open until July - February 19, 2019