Where Wild Things Roam have launched a Travel platform offering unique tours that provide travellers with an opportunity to engage in conservation and give something back when travelling.
By travelling with Where Wild Things Roam Travel you can make a difference in local communities and in protection of wildlife and the environment. The tours include rhino conservation in South Africa, humpback whale swimming in Tonga, gorilla trekking in Rwanda and orangutan conservation in Borneo.
Where Wild Things Roam owner, Kate Webster, launched the tours after visiting these countries herself and seeing first hand the need to conserve and protect the wildlife in these regions.
“I am lucky enough to have travelled to all these destinations doing the very things Where Wild Things Roam Travel tours offer travellers. Each and every destination has been chosen due to the fact we can work with local companies on the ground that are involved with conservation on a daily basis.”
“For example, in South Africa we are working with the Dyck Advisory Group Conservation Trust who work protecting the Kruger National Park border from the Mozambique side. An elite member of the counter-poaching team will be hosting the tour for the entire duration, giving guests a first-hand experience of the conservation work they do,” Kate added.
Where Wild Things Roam tours have set departure dates in 2020 but travellers can also book individually if the group dates do not suit, at an individual price.
The 9 Days Rhino in South Africa tour is priced at $6099AUD per person, twin share, with departure dates in April and September 2020. Highlights include Kruger National Park Game Drives, Community Tour & School Visit, Helicopter Flight through Kruger to spot rhino, Rhino Notching, Tagging and Data Collection, Baobab Tree Planting, Bushwalk & Patrol, Manuleti Game Drive, Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre and Blyde River Canyon Cruise.
- How not to ruin the ruins in Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico - October 15, 2019
- Australia’s largest ever Environmental Film Festival - October 3, 2019
- Roam Philippines’ UNESCO World Heritage Sites - September 27, 2019
- Prodigy Surfers Clean-Up Coastlines - September 26, 2019
- Canon’s photography tips for the golden hour - September 24, 2019
- Adventures to Inspire your Wanderlust - September 10, 2019
- Rhino conservation in South Africa - September 3, 2019
- Photography for a cause in New Zealand - September 2, 2019
- Hike the South Island of New Zealand - August 25, 2019
- Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Rhino-Rack Backbone - August 21, 2019