Two of Australia’s natural World Heritage sites – the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest – feature in a brand new package offered by Majestic Whales Encounters, which will see travellers swim with dwarf minke whales, snorkel on the famous reef, and stay in a luxurious rainforest treehouse.
The ‘Swim with Dwarf Minke Whales’ 10-night package is the first Queensland trip offered by Australian company, Majestic Whales, which is known for its whale swim holidays in Tonga and now expanding into other whale-rich waters, including Norway and Queensland.
Beginning on June 28, 2019, the package aims to coincide with dwarf minke whales’ annual migration to the waters known as the Ribbon Reefs – the only place in the world where you can swim with them. Their inquisitive nature brings them close to boats, divers and snorkelers, often swimming just a metre away as they playfully lift their heads out of the water to observe the boats, tail-slap the water and breach.
The adventure begins in Cairns, where travellers will transfer to the five-star Silky Oaks Lodge in the Daintree – their home for the next three nights. Staying in private treehouses, guests can enjoy the sounds and sights of nature from their outdoor verandahs. A day tour of the beautiful Daintree rainforest and Cape Tribulation will take place the following day, while guests can choose between exploring Mossman Gorge or just relaxing at Silky Oaks Lodge with a luxurious day spa the next day.
Guests will then transfer to Cairns and board the Spirit of Freedom for eight days of swimming with dwarf minke whales and exploring the remote Ribbon Reefs – perfect for snorkeling and diving with their huge range of biodiversity, from the giant, fluorescent clam to the vividly red flame file shell. A marine biologist will be onboard to share his knowledge.
The 10-night package begins on June 28, 2019, and is available from $7588 twin share, including a seven-night cruise, all main meals, all transfers, day tour to the Daintree, whale swims and Australian beer and wine with evening meals on the cruise. Flights to Cairns are extra.
For bookings or information, call Majestic Whale Encounters on 0405 594 253 or visit www.majesticwhaleencounters.com.au
- The North Face Paramount Convertible Pant - June 24, 2019
- Top Ten Italy Walks for under $1500 - June 19, 2019
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019