Nothing is worse that having a back pack that just doesn’t sit right. It can be a real deal breaker on enjoying a trip or struggling from day to day with carrying your gear.
Hiking and back-packing can really take it’s toll on you physically, so it is vital to have the correct equipment. We took the Osprey Fairview 55L for a test drive and found it lived up to the brand name, in all aspects.
WHY YOU NEED IT
From camping to hiking and all adventures in between, this pack can handle it with its durable fabric that can withstand decades of abuse. It is lightweight and streamlined but doesn’t compromise with plenty of organisation and travel-focused features. The zip-off daypack is handy as it provides additional storage and is perfect for carrying around town by itself. The stowaway harness and hipbelt disappears for safe keeping when you check your bag in, because nothing is worse than sorting straps to avoid damage.
A large panel zip provides convenient access to the main compartment, lockable sliders keep your gear secure, dual front compression straps slim down your pack when you carry less, and a padded laptop/tablet sleeve keeps your electronics secure.
Key features include the comfrtable fit – which comes from customisation to the wearer’s size and height, the harness stows away for safe keeping and protection from malicious baggage handlers and deploys quickly for any path or trail and the detachable daypack provides not only added storage but is ideal for day trips or carry-on when you don’t want to take the whole pack.
- Fairview packs come in 70L and 55L only
- Large panel zip access to main compartment
- Lockable sliders on main compartment zipper
- Dual front compression straps
- Dual front mesh pockets
- Heat-embossed scratch-free zippered slash pocket
- Padded top and side handles
- Stowaway backpanel, harness and hipbelt with zippered rear flap for protection
- Laptop and tablet sleeve secure in lockable compartment
- Two internal compression straps hold contents securely
- Internal front flap zippered mesh pocket
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Zip-off daypack with lockable zip main compartment
- Stowaway reverse spacer mesh harness
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
First of all, the customisation makes a massive difference. This allows the pack to sit comfortably on your back in just the right position. Next is the compartments so you can easily access things like chargers, laptops etc, without digging through the whole pack. The day pack is prefect for short trips and added space. Last of all (and let’s admit it, it does count) it looks great. Gone are the days of ugly, chunky back packs, this is stylish and slick.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT www.osprey.com
- Canon EOS R & RF 24-105mm Lens - May 21, 2019
- Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - May 17, 2019
- Tanzania to ban single-use plastic bags - May 17, 2019
- Take a hike in Switzerland - May 17, 2019
- Qantas launch world’s first zero-waste flight - May 9, 2019
- WWTR work with Counter Poaching Unit in Africa - April 20, 2019
- Safari in Sri Lanka’s Yala National Park - April 20, 2019
- Ecotourism at Cardamom Tented Camp in Cambodia - March 20, 2019
- New Sunken Treasure to dive off Fraser Coast - February 11, 2019
- Osprey Mutant Backpack - January 11, 2019