Whether maxing out on marine sports on Dhofar’s coconut-fringed coast or dune bashing through The Empty Quarter – at Al Baleed Salalah by Anantara world-class facilities and year round activities are framed by natural beauty.
Guests can fly across white-sand beaches on four-wheel ATVs or by horseback, while the crystal clear waters of the Arabian Sea play host to aquatic adventures such as surfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, sports fishing and diving with expert scuba instructors.
Those hoping to hike will love the guided walking tours accompanied by a local ‘Salalah Guru’ who can share his secrets on the surrounding culture, history and landscape.
Guests can get off the beaten track via foot or on 4×4 expeditions to discover hissing blowholes, dramatic sinkholes and ancient villages, with intrepid travellers choosing to pay a visit to ‘The Lost City’ to camp under the stars and enjoy a traditional Omani barbeque.
- New deals at Echo Resorts, Malaysia Borneo - September 18, 2018
- Tivoli Carvoeiro’s New Seven Hanging Valley’s Trail - September 17, 2018
- Walk on the Wild Side in La Gomera - September 15, 2018
- Top 5 Most Scenic National Parks in Canada and Alaska - September 14, 2018
- Discover the Art of Luxury Surfing at Anantara Tangalle in Sri Lanka - September 13, 2018
- Remote and Responsible Define World Expeditions’ New Asian Adventures - September 12, 2018
- World Expeditions’ new flexible, alternative Africa programme - September 9, 2018
- Anantara Al Jabal Akhdar Resort, Oman - September 8, 2018
- Safari Luxury Launches in the Barossa - September 7, 2018
- The best times to visit Latin America - September 6, 2018