Today, countries around the world will celebrate World Environment Day, the United Nations day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment.
Since it began in 1974, the event has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries.
The theme Each World Environment Day is organized around a theme that draws attention to a particularly pressing environmental concern. The theme for 2019 is “Air pollution”.
World Environment Day is the “people’s day” for doing something to take care of the Earth. That “something” can be local, national or global.
Where Wild Things Roam Editor in Chief, Kate Webster, has built Where Wild Things Roam around her passion for travel and conservation.
“I would like to think readers of Where Wild Things Roam will make choices when they travel, to get involved with sustainability initiatives which contribute positively both environmentally and culturally,” Kate Webster said.
This year, Where Wild Things Roam launched a travel platform which offers tours that provides travellers with an opportunity to give something back when travelling. By travelling with Where Wild Things Roam Travel you can make a difference in local communities and in protection of wildlife and the environment.
Where Wild Things Roam Travel works to preserve the planet for years to come by protecting wildlife and supporting environmental conservation projects.
“We work with people who are dedicated to making a difference in their local community and protect wildlife. Our hosts for the group tours are carefully selected for their passion and commitment to the region and wildlife. On the ground, we work with local operators and guides who have also made it their life work to conserve and protect. It is these people and their communities that will also benefit from your travel here,” Kate Webster added.
- Travel that gives back in Papua New Guinea - March 9, 2020
- 24 Aussie National parks to escape to - March 1, 2020
- The beauty of Fraser Island - February 28, 2020
- Rwanda’s Magashi camp is getting conservation right - February 1, 2020
- Canon’s new action hero EOS-1D X Mark III - January 24, 2020
- Trek PNG’s Kokoda Trail in 2020 - December 20, 2019
- Conservation helps mountain gorillas surpass 1000 - December 18, 2019
- Top dive destinations for 2020 - December 9, 2019
- Wild Gear to put on your Xmas wish list - December 3, 2019
- Roam with Intrepid in Papua New Guinea - November 21, 2019