Today, countries around the world will celebrate World Environment Day, the United Nations day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment.
Since it began in 1974, the event has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries.
The theme Each World Environment Day is organized around a theme that draws attention to a particularly pressing environmental concern. The theme for 2019 is “Air pollution”.
World Environment Day is the “people’s day” for doing something to take care of the Earth. That “something” can be local, national or global.
Where Wild Things Roam Editor in Chief, Kate Webster, has built Where Wild Things Roam around her passion for travel and conservation.
“I would like to think readers of Where Wild Things Roam will make choices when they travel, to get involved with sustainability initiatives which contribute positively both environmentally and culturally,” Kate Webster said.
This year, Where Wild Things Roam launched a travel platform which offers tours that provides travellers with an opportunity to give something back when travelling. By travelling with Where Wild Things Roam Travel you can make a difference in local communities and in protection of wildlife and the environment.
Where Wild Things Roam Travel works to preserve the planet for years to come by protecting wildlife and supporting environmental conservation projects.
“We work with people who are dedicated to making a difference in their local community and protect wildlife. Our hosts for the group tours are carefully selected for their passion and commitment to the region and wildlife. On the ground, we work with local operators and guides who have also made it their life work to conserve and protect. It is these people and their communities that will also benefit from your travel here,” Kate Webster added.
- G Adventures’ ‘Jane Goodall Collection’ supports Conservation and Responsible Wildlife Tourism - October 3, 2019
- Black rhino relocated to Tanzania - September 19, 2019
- Glamp your way around the world at these top 5 spots - September 16, 2019
- Salomon Speedcross 5 - August 27, 2019
- Aranui itineraries to Every Corner of French Polynesia and beyond - August 19, 2019
- How your wildlife photos can be deadly - August 16, 2019
- South Africa’s High Court rules in favour of lions - August 15, 2019
- Singita opens in Rwanda supporting gorilla conservation - August 11, 2019
- Safari ethically without harming wildlife - August 9, 2019
- Great Plains Conservation goes plastic free - July 24, 2019