Adventure travel specialist, World Expeditions is one of three companies short-listed by the Queensland Government to develop a concept for a high-quality, eco-tourism product on the Cooloola Trail, near Noosa.
World Expeditions’ successful submission for the proposed Cooloola development drew heavily on a similar eco-campsite concept it developed on the Northern Territory’s Larapinta Trail.
According to Michael Buggy, World Expeditions’ Domestic General Manager, his company’s experience with it multi award winning Classic Larapinta Trek in Comfort will be a huge advantage with providing what the Queensland Government seeks for Cooloola.
“We have a proven track record of collaboration with the various stake-holders on the Larapinta, including the traditional owners, the Central Land Council, National Parks and with the NT Government,” Mr Buggy said.
“In addition, since we first recognised the potential of the Larapinta Trail and pioneered commercial trips there, our walk has won two NT Tourism Brolga Awards and been named one of the Great Walks of Australia,” he said. “We have the expertise to deliver low impact, world class walks.”
Through its Australian Walking Holidays brand, World Expeditions has established relationships with international media and tourism bodies, which has proven to be enormously helpful in marketing the trail internationally.
For more visit www.worldexpeditions.com
- The North Face Paramount Convertible Pant - June 24, 2019
- Top Ten Italy Walks for under $1500 - June 19, 2019
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019