A Journey Through Kakadu is a stunning video that will showcase a unique part of the world.
Minister for Tourism and Culture, Lauren Moss, said “for the first time, drones have been used to record footage from the 20,000 square kilometre National Park, giving viewers a bird’s eye view of the stunning locations throughout it.”
From soaring above the famous Yellow Waters Billabong at sunrise, the video takes in the escarpment of the towering Nourlangie Rock, a deeply spiritual site and home to significant Aboriginal rock art more than 20,000 years old, to the cascading waterfalls at Maguk Gorge and Gunlom.
This stunning footage allows people from all over the world to experience a magical glimpse of Kakadu National Park.
“By using new technology we are able to share the Park with a new audiences and attract more visitors from all over the world to come and seen this natural wonder for themselves.”
The new content was filmed by Instagram stars Salty Wings, who were part of the ‘Mega Meet’ campaign in May this year. The duo said that filming the lush green landscapes of Kakadu was an enriching experience.
“Having seen a lot of Australia’s coastline, we were humbled and excited when the opportunity of working inland at Kakadu National Park came,” said Salty Wings co-owner Jampal Williamson.
“The landscape stood out in more ways than one. Never had we experienced such an expansive, ancient place with such history. At all times we were surrounded with vast plains and giant escarpments that stretched as far as the eye could see. We shot from sunrise to sunset each day, capturing rich Australian outback colours. The mornings were spectacular, as soon as the sun broke the horizon Kakadu came alive with wildlife and pastel hues.”
Parks Australia Acting Park Manager Steve Wroe said, “We’re so excited to be a part of this project, the footage is incredible and shows our park at its very best. I have little doubt that this extraordinary content will help boost visitor numbers.”
Check out the video for yourself.
- The North Face Paramount Convertible Pant - June 24, 2019
- Top Ten Italy Walks for under $1500 - June 19, 2019
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019