UTracks, Australia’s leading active European specialist is planting a tree for every booking on its Austrian Lakes and Dachstein Circuit walking itineraries.
“With World Environment Day happening on 05 June and National Tree Day on 28 July, it is a timely reminder that travellers can painlessly contribute to the greening of our planet,” UTracks General Manager, Kate Baker said. “It’s a great way for our travellers to make a positive impact on the region.”
UTracks, in partnership with the Salzkammergut Tourism body and the Austrian Federal Forest Authority, will plant a tree in the stunning Weißenbachtal Valley for each booking on the Austrian Lakes Walk and Dachstein Circuit walks.
Each planted tree will be tagged with the booking number, photographed and the photo included in the clients documents.
“We’re also encouraging travellers on the Austrian Lakes Walk trip to visit their tree during their hike,” Ms Baker continued.
The self guided eight day walks in the UNESCO World Heritage listed area of Salzkammergut are available daily until mid October.
The Salzkammergut alpine region of Austria encompasses 76 crystal clear lakes, the Dachstein Glacier, lush summer meadows and impressive rock faces up to 3000 vertical metres high. During this inspiring walk, there is ample time to appreciate the natural beauty of the region and the alpine villages of wooden chalets decorated with colourful window boxes while at night you will enjoy the warm hospitality of your hosts.
South east of Salzburg is the Dachstein massif, a lime stone mountain containing some of the largest caves in Austria. The walk is typified by its series of peaks over 2500m, glaciers and sharp descents to the valley floor. Take in the awesome views of ice fields and alpine meadows, limestone peaks and dramatic lakes as you trek this exhilarating circuit. At night you stay in atmospheric mountain hotels interspersed with nights in mountain huts high up on the central massif.
- The North Face Paramount Convertible Pant - June 24, 2019
- Top Ten Italy Walks for under $1500 - June 19, 2019
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019