UTracks, Australia’s leading active European specialist is planting a tree for every booking on its Austrian Lakes and Dachstein Circuit walking itineraries.
“With World Environment Day happening on 05 June and National Tree Day on 28 July, it is a timely reminder that travellers can painlessly contribute to the greening of our planet,” UTracks General Manager, Kate Baker said. “It’s a great way for our travellers to make a positive impact on the region.”
UTracks, in partnership with the Salzkammergut Tourism body and the Austrian Federal Forest Authority, will plant a tree in the stunning Weißenbachtal Valley for each booking on the Austrian Lakes Walk and Dachstein Circuit walks.
Each planted tree will be tagged with the booking number, photographed and the photo included in the clients documents.
“We’re also encouraging travellers on the Austrian Lakes Walk trip to visit their tree during their hike,” Ms Baker continued.
The self guided eight day walks in the UNESCO World Heritage listed area of Salzkammergut are available daily until mid October.
The Salzkammergut alpine region of Austria encompasses 76 crystal clear lakes, the Dachstein Glacier, lush summer meadows and impressive rock faces up to 3000 vertical metres high. During this inspiring walk, there is ample time to appreciate the natural beauty of the region and the alpine villages of wooden chalets decorated with colourful window boxes while at night you will enjoy the warm hospitality of your hosts.
South east of Salzburg is the Dachstein massif, a lime stone mountain containing some of the largest caves in Austria. The walk is typified by its series of peaks over 2500m, glaciers and sharp descents to the valley floor. Take in the awesome views of ice fields and alpine meadows, limestone peaks and dramatic lakes as you trek this exhilarating circuit. At night you stay in atmospheric mountain hotels interspersed with nights in mountain huts high up on the central massif.
- Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Rhino-Rack Backbone - August 21, 2019
- Chimu features sustainable offerings - August 9, 2019
- Where wildlife roams in Switzerland - August 7, 2019
- Marine migration tool handy for travel - August 3, 2019
- New Tasmanian Expeditions adventures - July 31, 2019
- Winter Walking Weekend in Lake Macquarie - July 30, 2019
- The Journey of the Humpback Whales in Mozambique - July 23, 2019
- Safari under the stars - July 23, 2019
- Active Adventures in the Maldives - July 23, 2019
- Roam wild in Patagonia - July 5, 2019