Stimulating dive-related tourism into the Solomon Islands’ Western province Solomon Airlines has combined resources with Dive Munda and the Agnes Gateway Hotel in Munda to offer a value-added eight-night package complete with return flights to Munda ex-Brisbane.
Operating via Honiara on Saturdays and returning on Sundays, the package includes all accommodation at the Agnes Gateway Hotel and 12 dives with Dive Munda.
Available for sale until 16 July and valid for travel from 07 April to 29 July 2018*, the program has been scheduled to offer seamless flight connections for passengers travelling on board Solomon Airlines’ services.
These include flights to/from Adelaide, Cairns, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney in partnership with Qantas Airways.
Ex-Auckland connections are available with both Qantas Airways and Air New Zealand.
The Solomon Airlines flight to/from Brisbane to Munda via Honiara operate as follows;
Saturday – Flights IE 701/IE 802
Depart Brisbane 1030
Arrive Honiara 1445
Depart Honiara 1530
Arrive Munda 1625
Sunday – Flights IE 801/IE 700
Depart Munda 1055
Arrive Honiara 1150
Depart Honiara 1315
Arrive Brisbane 1530
The eight-night package is readily available via Australian and New Zealand wholesalers packaging the destination.
Welcoming the commencement of the initiative, Solomon Airlines’ CEO, Brett Gebers said the Brisbane-Munda service had the potential to act as a major boost for increased tourism to Munda, one of the Solomon Islands’ primary cultural, dive and sports fishing locations.
The area is also renowned for its WWII history.
For more on Solomon Islands visit www.visitsolomons.com.sb
For more on Solomon Airlines visit www.flysolomons.com
For more on Dive Munda visit www.mundadive.com
- G Adventures’ ‘Jane Goodall Collection’ supports Conservation and Responsible Wildlife Tourism - October 3, 2019
- Black rhino relocated to Tanzania - September 19, 2019
- Glamp your way around the world at these top 5 spots - September 16, 2019
- Salomon Speedcross 5 - August 27, 2019
- Aranui itineraries to Every Corner of French Polynesia and beyond - August 19, 2019
- How your wildlife photos can be deadly - August 16, 2019
- South Africa’s High Court rules in favour of lions - August 15, 2019
- Singita opens in Rwanda supporting gorilla conservation - August 11, 2019
- Safari ethically without harming wildlife - August 9, 2019
- Great Plains Conservation goes plastic free - July 24, 2019