Stimulating dive-related tourism into the Solomon Islands’ Western province Solomon Airlines has combined resources with Dive Munda and the Agnes Gateway Hotel in Munda to offer a value-added eight-night package complete with return flights to Munda ex-Brisbane.
Operating via Honiara on Saturdays and returning on Sundays, the package includes all accommodation at the Agnes Gateway Hotel and 12 dives with Dive Munda.
Available for sale until 16 July and valid for travel from 07 April to 29 July 2018*, the program has been scheduled to offer seamless flight connections for passengers travelling on board Solomon Airlines’ services.
These include flights to/from Adelaide, Cairns, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney in partnership with Qantas Airways.
Ex-Auckland connections are available with both Qantas Airways and Air New Zealand.
The Solomon Airlines flight to/from Brisbane to Munda via Honiara operate as follows;
Saturday – Flights IE 701/IE 802
Depart Brisbane 1030
Arrive Honiara 1445
Depart Honiara 1530
Arrive Munda 1625
Sunday – Flights IE 801/IE 700
Depart Munda 1055
Arrive Honiara 1150
Depart Honiara 1315
Arrive Brisbane 1530
The eight-night package is readily available via Australian and New Zealand wholesalers packaging the destination.
Welcoming the commencement of the initiative, Solomon Airlines’ CEO, Brett Gebers said the Brisbane-Munda service had the potential to act as a major boost for increased tourism to Munda, one of the Solomon Islands’ primary cultural, dive and sports fishing locations.
The area is also renowned for its WWII history.
For more on Solomon Islands visit www.visitsolomons.com.sb
For more on Solomon Airlines visit www.flysolomons.com
For more on Dive Munda visit www.mundadive.com
- Canon EOS R & RF 24-105mm Lens - May 21, 2019
- Hwange Elephant Collaring in Zimbabwe - May 17, 2019
- Tanzania to ban single-use plastic bags - May 17, 2019
- Take a hike in Switzerland - May 17, 2019
- Qantas launch world’s first zero-waste flight - May 9, 2019
- WWTR work with Counter Poaching Unit in Africa - April 20, 2019
- Safari in Sri Lanka’s Yala National Park - April 20, 2019
- Ecotourism at Cardamom Tented Camp in Cambodia - March 20, 2019
- New Sunken Treasure to dive off Fraser Coast - February 11, 2019
- Osprey Mutant Backpack - January 11, 2019