Thuraya SatSleeve +
For those who roam deep into the wilderness and want some comfort of being able to connect if needed, then the next generation of satellite adaptor for your smartphone, Thuraya SatSleeve, is for you.
Turn your smartphone into a satellite phone using the Thuraya SatSleeve, allowing for voice calls, SMS, email and app access while you´re off the grid and out of range for your normal phone reception.
Use your smartphone when it is connected to the SatSleeve using the SatSleeve +. This SatSleeve model is similar to the previous SatSleeve for iPhone and SatSleeve for Android models, however its universal adaptor fits almost any late model smartphone between 58 and 85 mm in width.
The SatSleeve is compatible with most modern smartphones. Check if you’re smartphone is compatible with satsleeve hotspot and satsleeve +
How It Works
The SatSleeve Hotspot and SatSleeve + both connect to your smartphone to give you satellite coverage when you are outside mobile reception areas. The SatSleeve is a satellite phone in its own right, it simply connects to your phone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App to give your smartphone a satellite connection for calls, SMS and data.
- The SatSleeve fits or connects to most late model smartphones running iOS or Android.
- Download the SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Pair the SatSleeve and your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App.
- The SatSleeve has its own satellite SIM card that it uses to make a connection to the satellite.
- Make and receive calls and SMS and use data on your smartphone using the SatSleeve as your connection.
WHY YOU NEED IT
Sometimes you roam outside of areas that can pick up reception for your phone, and while it is nice to disconnect from that, it is always safe to have a way to communicate in case things go wrong. Safety is paramount when in remote areas and preparation to ensure you are in communications if things go wrong is a must. Use your smartphone in satellite mode when you are outside mobile coverage areas.
Thuraya SatSleeve is packed with features. These include:
- High Penetration Alerting (HPA) capability enables you to receive calls even if the satellite antenna is retracted.
- Thuraya SatSleeve + Main Unit inc. Universal smartphone adaptor: 138 x 69 x 42mm /256g (Universal adaptor can hold smartphone between 58 – 85mm in width).
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headset jack, Micro USB, DC charging jack, WiFi range: 30m (Hotspot),
- Battery: 3.7V Li-ion, 2440 mAh
- Talk time: up to 3 hours
- Standby time: WiFi continuosly on: up to 9 hours and WiFi off: up to 70 hours* (* incoming calls and SOS function still available on main unit)
- Satellite Data speed: Download up to 60 kbps, Upload up to 15 kbps (GmPRS)
- Power supply: Output DC 5V/2.0A (with EU/UK/CN/AUS adaptors)
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- App languages: English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
What’s in the box?
- Main satellite unit
- USB data cable
- Universal travel charger
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
The SatSleeve + are simple to use, just connect your smartphone and SatSleeve via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot app to stay connected. Download the free SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store or Google Play. The SatSleeve + comes with a dedicated SOS button that works even when a smartphone isnt connected.
FOR MORE VISIT www.pivotel.com.au/thurayasatsleeveplus