Natural World Safaris has announced the launch of the all-female guided expedition to Svalbard in August 2019.
The first Arctic expedition of its kind, guests will join a trio of intrepid female guides and expert wildlife presenter Kate Humble to discover the isolated beauty and the wildlife of the region.
The expedition was inspired and created by the Head of Polar at Natural World Safaris, Lorna Griggs, who wished to celebrate the female Arctic guides shining bright in a traditionally male-orientated industry. The majority of senior and expedition leader roles have long been held by men. The chosen guides for this expedition, Emily Kay Woods, Pernille Søegaard and Annette Bombosch, each have long history in the Polar Regions and are dedicated to exploring and preserving the Arctic.
Only 12 guests may join this exclusive small-ship departure to traverse the coastline of the Spitsbergen archipelago. Following no set itinerary, the ship will seek out the best wildlife encounters and put guests at the right place, at the right time: the ethos of Natural World Safaris. Sail past icy fjords, snow-covered mountains and ancient glaciers calving like thunder while hugging the coast to witness Arctic life from Svalbard reindeer, arctic foxes, whales and walruses to the majestic polar bear.
Each of the guides, highly experienced in polar travel, wildlife and marine species, will offer valuable insight into unique environment. Kate Humble will share her knowledge of the impact of climate change and her experiences, including presenting Arctic Live for the BBC.
The expedition will take place on board the M/S Freya, whose compact size means she can access wildlife rich areas other arctic ships cannot. Travelling in summer, the 24-hour daylight of the polar day is perfect for sightings throughout the day and night. With three zodiacs on board, guests will head out on the water and for tundra landings.
Natural World Safaris offers the Women of the Arctic Polar Bear Explorer voyage from £9,495 per person, departing 10th-20th August 2019. The price includes: transfers, accommodation aboard M/S Freya, all meals aboard, lectures on board and ashore, all excursions and an illustrated post expedition log.
For more visit www.naturalworldsafaris.com
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019
- Rumpl Original Puffy Blanket - May 19, 2019
- Best outdoor adventures in Kinosaki Onsen - May 18, 2019