Wild Bush Luxury, Australia’s conservation tourism specialist offering exclusive and inspirational experiences to reconnect guests with the land, is thrilled to announce a complimentary air safari over Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre for Arkaba Conservancy guests during May, June and July 2019.
Heavy summer rains in Queensland have created a rare opportunity for Wild Bush Luxury guests to witness the normally dry salt pans and ephemeral water source of South Australia’s desert country, experience precious water flow that has trickled over 1,000km south through the Diamantina System.
When booking a four-night Wild Bush Luxury experience at Arkaba between 1 May – 31 July 2019, guests will receive a complimentary six-hour air safari to experience a unique, elevated perspective across the magical Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre – a saving of $2,600 per couple.
The air safari will ascend north from Parachilna Gorge, before traversing the open-cut coal fields of Leigh Creek, the outback township of Marree and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre – the majestic ‘inland sea’ soon set to flourish with a myriad of birds and wildlife due to the increased water levels.
As part of the complimentary experience guests will enjoy lunch at the iconic William Creek Hotel, set in one of Australia’s smallest townships, with local seasonal produce and South Australian wines – before flying over Painted Hills, Strangeway Mound Springs, Andamooka opal fields and Lake Torrens, returning to Arkaba just in time for sundowner drinks.
A four-night Wild Bush Luxury experience is valued at $4,280 per person twin-share all-inclusive. Along with the air safari, guests will enjoy the comfort of the 1850s heritage Arkaba Homestead with gourmet meals and an open wine cellar, ridge-top safari drives and walks through ancient river beds with Arkaba’s expert field guides.
For more visit www.arkabaconservancy.com/experience-lake-eyre/
- Adventures to Inspire your Wanderlust - September 10, 2019
- Rhino conservation in South Africa - September 3, 2019
- Photography for a cause in New Zealand - September 2, 2019
- Hike the South Island of New Zealand - August 25, 2019
- Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Rhino-Rack Backbone - August 21, 2019
- Chimu features sustainable offerings - August 9, 2019
- Where wildlife roams in Switzerland - August 7, 2019
- Marine migration tool handy for travel - August 3, 2019
- New Tasmanian Expeditions adventures - July 31, 2019
- Winter Walking Weekend in Lake Macquarie - July 30, 2019