Whether you are a serious hiker or enjoy your morning strolls off the pavement, a good pair of shoes is a necessity.
You can explore more with The Explore hiking shoes from Ascent Footwear, thanks to its design and durability. We put the shoes to the test on a hike in the Gold Coast Hinterlands, and this is what we found.
Why you need it
The shoe is designed to slow fatigue, and does it in cushioned, waterproof comfort. Being lightweight they are perfect for those day hikes and versatile enough as a travel shoe for your everyday wear when exploring the globe. Unlike bulky other hiking and walking shoes, The Explore is stylish and doesn’t take up too much space or weight in your travel case.
The Explore features medial support for over-pronators, stability and traction on uneven surfaces, has a generous fit, and is soft against your foot preventing rubbing and blisters. All while looking good. For a shoe that has you feeling safe and secure on your feet when walking on difficult terrain, The Explore ticks all the boxes.
An Aggressive outsole tread, ideal for use on trails and loose terrain on the bottom of the shoe with a lugged rubber outsole.
Arch Support Insole (BUNGEE) offers increased arch support and more cushioning. It is removable, so you can replace with orthotics if needed. The shoe also has POLIMAX® Stroble cushions and protects the area directly underneath the foot. This also assists in keeping the foot cool, and controlling sweat.
Supports the arch area of the foot prevents the shoe from bending in the wrong place (in the middle of the shoe). The shoe should naturally bend across the joints in the forefoot region. A Thermoplastic Heel Counter not only supports the ankle and holds the heel firmly in place, providing excellent stability when the foot first strikes the ground but is built tough to avoid wearing down so easy over time.
Why you will love it
The overall design of the shoe provides great energy return over a long period, so that the spring stays in your step no matter how far you walk or run. The fact they are waterproof is a big bonus, so you can really go off track without worry of water damage to your shoes. This also helps with the cleaning process afterwards. Best of all, they are lightweight so can be packed in your luggage and you don’t need to wear them onto the plane.
Explore Merlot (Female/Senior) RRP $189.95
For more visit www.ascentfootwear.com.au
- Wild Gear to put on your Xmas wish list - December 3, 2019
- Roam with Intrepid in Papua New Guinea - November 21, 2019
- Trekking Rwanda’s rare mountain gorillas - November 16, 2019
- Samui Elephant Sanctuary’s responsible tourism - November 16, 2019
- Trekking Rwanda’s wilderness - November 1, 2019
- G Adventures’ ‘Jane Goodall Collection’ supports Conservation and Responsible Wildlife Tourism - October 3, 2019
- Black rhino relocated to Tanzania - September 19, 2019
- Glamp your way around the world at these top 5 spots - September 16, 2019
- Salomon Speedcross 5 - August 27, 2019
- Aranui itineraries to Every Corner of French Polynesia and beyond - August 19, 2019