As the only official guided walk operator appointed to the Three Capes Track, the Tasmanian Walking Company has been formally accepted into the Great Walks of Australia Signature Collection with their new Three Capes Lodge Walk.
Over the past thirty years, this company has continued to set and deliver the highest standards for guided walking holidays in Australia. They have two other Great Walks of Australia Signature Collection walks, Cradle Mountains Huts Walk and Bay of Fires Lodge Walk.
The new, fully-guided walk experience along Tasmania’s dramatic Tasman Peninsula includes exclusive use of new luxurious and sustainable eco lodges, the only private accommodation allowed within the Tasman National Park.
Chair of Great Walks of Australia, Geoff Dixon said, “The standards set by Tasmanian Walking Company are of the highest calibre. We look forward to welcoming this new product into our premium collection of walks, supported by Tourism Australia through their Signature Experiences of Australia program.”
The 46km walk takes guests to the edge of the world on this southern tip of Tasmania. From Port Arthur (with transfers from Hobart), this four-day walk starts with a boat transfer, incredible views of dolerite spires, marine and birdlife in an environment with 37,000 years of history.
Each evening, walkers settle into architecturally-designed lodges and enjoy comfort in the wilderness. These purpose-built advanced off-grid lodges are discreetly positioned off the trail, with their design responding to contours of the land. Hot showers, generous lounge areas and plush pillows on comfortable beds await hikers at the end of each day. Along with a showcase of Tasmania’s finest regional food and wine, guests may also choose to take in a bathing or massage treatment.
GM of Tasmanian Walking Company, Heath Garratt said, “It’s great to have our newest walk recognised within the Great Walks of Australia collective. Our advance bookings for this walk are both strong and well above expectations. We look forward to walking with people from all over the world, showcasing this magnificent destination on a world class walking track.”
Note: This walk will commence on 1 September 2018. Forward bookings are being taken directly by Tasmanian Walking Company, the only guided walking company authorised by the Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service to offer the Three Capes Track and stay within the national park overnight. The Three Capes Track and public huts originally opened in December 2015 for self-guided walkers.
- How not to ruin the ruins in Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico - October 15, 2019
- Australia’s largest ever Environmental Film Festival - October 3, 2019
- Rwanda’s Magashi camp is getting conservation right - October 1, 2019
- Roam Philippines’ UNESCO World Heritage Sites - September 27, 2019
- Prodigy Surfers Clean-Up Coastlines - September 26, 2019
- Canon’s photography tips for the golden hour - September 24, 2019
- Adventures to Inspire your Wanderlust - September 10, 2019
- Rhino conservation in South Africa - September 3, 2019
- Photography for a cause in New Zealand - September 2, 2019
- Hike the South Island of New Zealand - August 25, 2019