How about learning to kitesurf in a tropical Sri Lankan lagoon that’s been hardly touched by tourism?
KiteWorldWide prides itself on creating happy, social communities among its guests, many of whom are single travelers. The company selects the most beautiful, secluded places on Earth with the most reliable wind, safest kiting spots and interesting cultures.
Beginners and improvers can head to a new destination just launched by kitesurfing travel specialist KiteWorldWide, at the remote and serene Dreamspot in Sri Lanka. Guests can spend all day learning to kite on a huge glassy flat-water lagoon on one side of a pristine sandbar, with the Indian Ocean on the other.
After a long day of kiting guests can relax in the pool, in a yoga session, or in the rooftop bar looking out across the water. Nights are spent socialising with fellow guests over a beach BBQ, fresh seafood and exotic feasts.
The Eco Lodge is situated right on the water’s edge and has been built to sustainable standards and around an existing tree. As a result, some guests might find a tree trunk growing in their room.
As a new tourist destination Dreamspot is remote and hardly touched by tourism. It’s ideal for kite-surfing couples, families and adventurers. The flat, shallow lagoon is perfect for beginners, while intermediates and advanced kiters can have fun in the oceanic waves. Dreamspot offers adrenaline-fueled days on the water, mixed with poolside serenity and relaxation. Dreamspot specifically caters for kiters but non-kiters can enjoy snorkelling, yoga and stand up paddle-boarding.
With Wilpattu National Park literally just around the corner, cultural and scenic day trips include a Jungle Safari, the UNESCO heritage site of Anuradhapura and dolphin and whale-watching.
Sri Lanka is the closest tropical destination to the UK and accessible by numerous airlines. Prices excl. flights start from £840 per person for a double room and £740 for larger groups.
The package includes:
- Seven nights’ accommodation in the Beach House or Eco Rooms
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner with water served at meal times
- Daily transfer to the dreamspot
- 12 Hour Kite Course
- Kite rental at the end of the course
- Launch, Landing and Rescue Service
- VDWS Certificate
The kiting seasons run from December to end of March and from June to October.
- New deals at Echo Resorts, Malaysia Borneo - September 18, 2018
- Tivoli Carvoeiro’s New Seven Hanging Valley’s Trail - September 17, 2018
- Walk on the Wild Side in La Gomera - September 15, 2018
- Top 5 Most Scenic National Parks in Canada and Alaska - September 14, 2018
- Discover the Art of Luxury Surfing at Anantara Tangalle in Sri Lanka - September 13, 2018
- Remote and Responsible Define World Expeditions’ New Asian Adventures - September 12, 2018
- World Expeditions’ new flexible, alternative Africa programme - September 9, 2018
- Anantara Al Jabal Akhdar Resort, Oman - September 8, 2018
- Safari Luxury Launches in the Barossa - September 7, 2018
- The best times to visit Latin America - September 6, 2018