For trail runners seeking, superior grip, stability and rugged protection from the elements. Runners who like to go fast on and off trails in tough conditions like mud and soft/wet terrain.
Outdoor enthusiasts who want the performance of a running shoe with low-to-the-ground maneuverability and ultimate grip, look no further than the latest iteration of Salomon most popular trail shoe – The Salomon Speedcross 5.
It’s not easy to upgrade a living legend, but that’s what Salomon footwear designers set out to do with the new Speedcross 5 shoe. To create this generation of the Speedcross, Salomon’s footwear team went back to the source code, capitalising on the values that made the model a legend in the first place and have helped it maintained this status for over 13 years.
Performance-wise, the Speedcross 5 offers enhanced grip, a more dynamic upper for improved fit and more stability. The sole of the Speedcross 5 has larger, more aggressive tread lugs with more space between them and an updated geometry, delivering better push-off grip and braking grip in all surface conditions. The heel unit of the shoe creates a cradle for your heel, ensuring clean foot strike and stability through the stride. It also has a completely welded upper, with dissociated Sensifit arms and more toe volume, so it moves more naturally with your foot and dials in the comfort.
Salomon’s design team also delivered a refined look in new colors. The shoe’s appearance returns to its original silhouette with a higher shape and big heel counter, while also highlighting the aggressive grip. In addition, the Speedcross 5 is available in a new color palette. Each color offered is quite different from the other, but all are based on the notions of performance, raw emotion, wearability and authenticity.
Joining the launch of the Speedcross 5 are the new Supercross and Alphacross shoe, designed for slightly different runner profiles. All three models are designed with the familiar Speedcross DNA that delivers agility in difficult conditions, but the Supercross and Alphacross come with the attitude of a lifestyle shoe.
- Weight: 320g (men) – Size 9 US
- 280g (women) – Size 7 US
- Drop: 10mm
- Men’s Colours: Black, Yellow, Blue
- Women’s Colours: Black, Navy Blue, White
RRP: $229.99 | www.salomon.com
- Black rhino relocated to Tanzania - September 19, 2019
- Glamp your way around the world at these top 5 spots - September 16, 2019
- Salomon Speedcross 5 - August 27, 2019
- Aranui itineraries to Every Corner of French Polynesia and beyond - August 19, 2019
- How your wildlife photos can be deadly - August 16, 2019
- South Africa’s High Court rules in favour of lions - August 15, 2019
- Singita opens in Rwanda supporting gorilla conservation - August 11, 2019
- Safari ethically without harming wildlife - August 9, 2019
- Great Plains Conservation goes plastic free - July 24, 2019
- Rhinos translocated to Rwanda - June 24, 2019