Adventure through the wide-open valleys and snow-capped peaks of Bhutan, one of the last great Himalayan kingdoms, shrouded in mystery, on the back of a Royal Enfield Classic Desert Storm motorcycle.
As part of a special, last-minute offer, Extreme Bike Tours is offering a $US1000 discount on its 15-day Bhutan tour, departing on April 14, 2018, if booked by March 5, 2018.
Located on the ancient Silk Road, filled with monasteries and ancient forts, Bhutan’s Himalayan landscape offers a diverse range of picturesque views from sub-tropical plains and primeval forests to towering mountains. Extreme Bike Tours is offering the unique thrill of exploring this country on the back of a Royal Enfield Classic Desert Storm motorcycle.
The 15-day, personalised small group tour begins in Delhi, India, on April 14, 2018, before a flight to Bagdogra in the Indian state of West Bengal to begin the journey on motorbike through the mysterious Buddhist kingdom once shut off from the world.
Along the way, riders will ascend into the mountain region of Paro, visit one of the largest Buddha statues in the world at Thimphu, see the formidable Trashigang fortress and enjoy the winding roads and spectacular views of the Yutongla, Dochula and Thrumshingla mountain passes. The cross-country ride through Bhutan from west to east finishes in Gauwhati, back in India, where guests will fly back to Dehli to complete the 15-day journey.
The personalised tour includes 12 days of riding, with stays each night in hand-picked hotels and guesthouses.
The tour costs US$5950 for licensed riders including a US$1000 discount if booked by March 5, 2018. For pillion riders on the same bike, the trip costs US$5200, including a US$500 discount. The cost includes domestic flights in India, accommodation along the route, all meals on the tour, fuel and motorbike hire.
Extreme Bike Tours is one of the world’s leading motorcycle tour companies, offering tours in the Himalayas, Bhutan, Mongolia, Madagascar, India, Sri Lanka and Cuba
To book or make enquiries visit www.extremebiketours.com
* Tours and fares are subject to availability and conditions apply. Prices do not include international flights.
- The North Face Paramount Convertible Pant - June 24, 2019
- Top Ten Italy Walks for under $1500 - June 19, 2019
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019