Adventure through the wide-open valleys and snow-capped peaks of Bhutan, one of the last great Himalayan kingdoms, shrouded in mystery, on the back of a Royal Enfield Classic Desert Storm motorcycle.
As part of a special, last-minute offer, Extreme Bike Tours is offering a $US1000 discount on its 15-day Bhutan tour, departing on April 14, 2018, if booked by March 5, 2018.
Located on the ancient Silk Road, filled with monasteries and ancient forts, Bhutan’s Himalayan landscape offers a diverse range of picturesque views from sub-tropical plains and primeval forests to towering mountains. Extreme Bike Tours is offering the unique thrill of exploring this country on the back of a Royal Enfield Classic Desert Storm motorcycle.
The 15-day, personalised small group tour begins in Delhi, India, on April 14, 2018, before a flight to Bagdogra in the Indian state of West Bengal to begin the journey on motorbike through the mysterious Buddhist kingdom once shut off from the world.
Along the way, riders will ascend into the mountain region of Paro, visit one of the largest Buddha statues in the world at Thimphu, see the formidable Trashigang fortress and enjoy the winding roads and spectacular views of the Yutongla, Dochula and Thrumshingla mountain passes. The cross-country ride through Bhutan from west to east finishes in Gauwhati, back in India, where guests will fly back to Dehli to complete the 15-day journey.
The personalised tour includes 12 days of riding, with stays each night in hand-picked hotels and guesthouses.
The tour costs US$5950 for licensed riders including a US$1000 discount if booked by March 5, 2018. For pillion riders on the same bike, the trip costs US$5200, including a US$500 discount. The cost includes domestic flights in India, accommodation along the route, all meals on the tour, fuel and motorbike hire.
Extreme Bike Tours is one of the world’s leading motorcycle tour companies, offering tours in the Himalayas, Bhutan, Mongolia, Madagascar, India, Sri Lanka and Cuba
To book or make enquiries visit www.extremebiketours.com
* Tours and fares are subject to availability and conditions apply. Prices do not include international flights.
- Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Rhino-Rack Backbone - August 21, 2019
- Chimu features sustainable offerings - August 9, 2019
- Where wildlife roams in Switzerland - August 7, 2019
- Marine migration tool handy for travel - August 3, 2019
- New Tasmanian Expeditions adventures - July 31, 2019
- Winter Walking Weekend in Lake Macquarie - July 30, 2019
- The Journey of the Humpback Whales in Mozambique - July 23, 2019
- Safari under the stars - July 23, 2019
- Active Adventures in the Maldives - July 23, 2019
- Roam wild in Patagonia - July 5, 2019