For the first time, Contours Travel – the longest-running Latin American tour operator in Australia – is offering the famous ‘W-Trek’ in Patagonia’s spectacular Torres Del Paine National Park, in the solitude of the winter season.
Known as the ‘Jewel of Patagonia’, the Torres Del Paine National Park is a World Heritage site filled with soaring, jagged peaks and huge glaciers. The park’s abundance of natural wonders sees tourists flocking to the area during the summer but during the winter season, travellers can enjoy one of the world’s most striking landscapes in tranquillity.
The Torres Del Paine Winter W Trek is a seven-day adventure on one of the world’s most famous walks, the ‘W-Trek’, named after the route’s shape. The guided tour showcases the park’s jaw-dropping scenery and provides local insight into the park.
The tour begins in Punta Arenas where guests will be picked up from the airport and transferred to their hotel at Puerto Natales to spend the night on the shores of the ‘Sound of Last Hope,’ before transferring to Torres Del Paine National Park to begin the winter journey. The group will set out to reach the three monoliths of granite that the park was named after – the ‘Towers of Paine’ (‘paine’ is an old indigenous word for blue). The natural pillars that thrust skywards are 2800m-high and surrounded by snow-cloaked peaks.
The tour explores the park’s winter wonderland with a walk along Lake Nordenskjold, where guest can admire the park’s diverse flora and fauna. The tour ventures into the French Valley, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding spires and peaks. Other highlights of the tour include the glacial Lake Grey, the southern ice fields and a cruise to the face of the crystalline Grey Glacier. The tour ends back in Punta Arenas where guests will fly home.
Nine departures for the seven-day Torres del Paine Winter W-Trek are available between May and August, 2018. The tour includes national park entry fee, an expert guide, four-nights’ accommodation in Torres Del Paine’s refugios (or huts), two-nights’ accommodation in Puerto Natales, a glacier cruise on Lake Grey and 16 meals.
Fares for Contours’ seven-day Torres del Paine Winter W-Trek begin from $2840 per person, twin share. Flights from Australia are additional.
For details and to book, call Contours Travel on 1300 135 391 or visit www.contourstravel.com.au
- How not to ruin the ruins in Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico - October 15, 2019
- Australia’s largest ever Environmental Film Festival - October 3, 2019
- Rwanda’s Magashi camp is getting conservation right - October 1, 2019
- Roam Philippines’ UNESCO World Heritage Sites - September 27, 2019
- Prodigy Surfers Clean-Up Coastlines - September 26, 2019
- Canon’s photography tips for the golden hour - September 24, 2019
- Adventures to Inspire your Wanderlust - September 10, 2019
- Rhino conservation in South Africa - September 3, 2019
- Photography for a cause in New Zealand - September 2, 2019
- Hike the South Island of New Zealand - August 25, 2019