For the first time, Contours Travel – the longest-running Latin American tour operator in Australia – is offering the famous ‘W-Trek’ in Patagonia’s spectacular Torres Del Paine National Park, in the solitude of the winter season.
Known as the ‘Jewel of Patagonia’, the Torres Del Paine National Park is a World Heritage site filled with soaring, jagged peaks and huge glaciers. The park’s abundance of natural wonders sees tourists flocking to the area during the summer but during the winter season, travellers can enjoy one of the world’s most striking landscapes in tranquillity.
The Torres Del Paine Winter W Trek is a seven-day adventure on one of the world’s most famous walks, the ‘W-Trek’, named after the route’s shape. The guided tour showcases the park’s jaw-dropping scenery and provides local insight into the park.
The tour begins in Punta Arenas where guests will be picked up from the airport and transferred to their hotel at Puerto Natales to spend the night on the shores of the ‘Sound of Last Hope,’ before transferring to Torres Del Paine National Park to begin the winter journey. The group will set out to reach the three monoliths of granite that the park was named after – the ‘Towers of Paine’ (‘paine’ is an old indigenous word for blue). The natural pillars that thrust skywards are 2800m-high and surrounded by snow-cloaked peaks.
The tour explores the park’s winter wonderland with a walk along Lake Nordenskjold, where guest can admire the park’s diverse flora and fauna. The tour ventures into the French Valley, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding spires and peaks. Other highlights of the tour include the glacial Lake Grey, the southern ice fields and a cruise to the face of the crystalline Grey Glacier. The tour ends back in Punta Arenas where guests will fly home.
Nine departures for the seven-day Torres del Paine Winter W-Trek are available between May and August, 2018. The tour includes national park entry fee, an expert guide, four-nights’ accommodation in Torres Del Paine’s refugios (or huts), two-nights’ accommodation in Puerto Natales, a glacier cruise on Lake Grey and 16 meals.
Fares for Contours’ seven-day Torres del Paine Winter W-Trek begin from $2840 per person, twin share. Flights from Australia are additional.
For details and to book, call Contours Travel on 1300 135 391 or visit www.contourstravel.com.au
- The North Face Paramount Convertible Pant - June 24, 2019
- Top Ten Italy Walks for under $1500 - June 19, 2019
- Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD Power Bank - June 13, 2019
- PONANT commits to support the Oceans, the Polar Regions and Indigenous Populations - June 12, 2019
- New Eco Walk on Queensland’s Cooloola Trail - May 31, 2019
- Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch - May 30, 2019
- 6 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos in the Fall - May 27, 2019
- Tech used in wildlife protection at Ol Pejeta Conservancy - May 27, 2019
- World Expeditions launches new Canadian Adventures - May 24, 2019
- Help UTracks Build a Forest - May 22, 2019