Why you need it
A multipurpose solar charger, for those trips where you are away from civilisation but still need to charge you phone, Gopro, iPad or other electrical devices.
A foldable solar panel with a built in USB port. It comes with a triple adaptor lead, both micro and mini USB and old school iPhone plugs.
Why you will love it
It does what it says on the tin! No messing around, just put this baby in the sunshine and your device is getting some of the good stuff. It’s flexible and folds up small and thin, you can slide it in the back of your pack and you won’t even know it’s there. An essential must have for those remote trips or long getaways. My Samsung phone took about three hours to charge but iPhones take about two.
Why you will hate it
It needs sunshine, which is fine if you are doing a surf trip in North NSW or attending Burning Man Festival but in the colder cloudier regions it is next to useless. The iPad takes a little longer and I often got the message saying that it’s not a supported accessory. It gets really hot when you leave it in the sun but I’m just nitpicking, all in all a cracking piece of kit.
Where to get it
Order online here
Rating – 4/5
- How not to ruin the ruins in Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico - October 15, 2019
- Australia’s largest ever Environmental Film Festival - October 3, 2019
- Rwanda’s Magashi camp is getting conservation right - October 1, 2019
- Roam Philippines’ UNESCO World Heritage Sites - September 27, 2019
- Prodigy Surfers Clean-Up Coastlines - September 26, 2019
- Canon’s photography tips for the golden hour - September 24, 2019
- Adventures to Inspire your Wanderlust - September 10, 2019
- Rhino conservation in South Africa - September 3, 2019
- Photography for a cause in New Zealand - September 2, 2019
- Hike the South Island of New Zealand - August 25, 2019