Famed for its golden shores, verdant interior teeming with wildlife, spicy cuisine and local smiles, Sri Lanka has also become somewhat of a surfer’s paradise.
Year-round balmy Indian Ocean waters and undiscovered swells beckon the adventurous. Budding surfers and experts alike staying at Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort can enjoy the secluded beachfront setting and easy access to some of the best surfing on the island. Anantara Tangalle has partnered with boutique operator Tropicsurf to bring the best of the local surf scene to guests.
A pioneer of luxury surfing, Tropicsurf has over the last 25 years built up a network of surf centres in leading resorts across nine countries and counting. Each resort has been selected based on proximity to quality breaks that cater to a broad range of abilities. At Anantara Tangalle’s Surf Centre by Tropicsurf, a seasoned Surf Guru is on hand year-round to guide guests through the thrills of the sport.
Beginners can sign up for small group lessons at beach breaks nearby the resort, while intermediate and experienced surfers are invited on a guided surf trip, seeking out the southern coast’s biggest swells.
The Anantara Surf Centre emphasises that everybody can enjoy surfing’s ultimate thrills in safety, comfort and style, regardless of experience or age.
Embark on an adventure for the whole family, with children over five years of age eligible to join in the fun.
- New deals at Echo Resorts, Malaysia Borneo - September 18, 2018
- Tivoli Carvoeiro’s New Seven Hanging Valley’s Trail - September 17, 2018
- Walk on the Wild Side in La Gomera - September 15, 2018
- Top 5 Most Scenic National Parks in Canada and Alaska - September 14, 2018
- Discover the Art of Luxury Surfing at Anantara Tangalle in Sri Lanka - September 13, 2018
- Remote and Responsible Define World Expeditions’ New Asian Adventures - September 12, 2018
- World Expeditions’ new flexible, alternative Africa programme - September 9, 2018
- Anantara Al Jabal Akhdar Resort, Oman - September 8, 2018
- Safari Luxury Launches in the Barossa - September 7, 2018
- The best times to visit Latin America - September 6, 2018