Coronet Peak is opening two weeks earlier, offering loyal customers and local Queenstowners, who see the Peak every day, a one-day taster ahead of the season.
The ski field, which is 20 minutes from downtown Queenstown, will be open on Saturday June 2nd on Queen’s birthday weekend. Its official opening day is Saturday June 16th.
The four-seater Coronet Express and Meadows Express chairlifts will be spinning, offering a variety of terrain for confident beginners, intermediate and advanced skiers and riders.
Nigel Kerr, Coronet Peak Ski Area Manager, and his team have been assessing the conditions in recent days to make the call.
“We’re really pleased to be able to do this for our loyal customers, giving them a chance to check out the slopes. They are looking really good, right now,” he says.
“Coronet Express opens up a lot of terrain and vertical metres, so they’ll get a good taster.”
He says it’ll be early season conditions with the M1 and Big Easy groomed.
“It should be a good day to warm up the legs for the season ahead with a promising weather forecast to boot.”
Nigel says he’s grateful to staff from both The Remarkables and Coronet Peak who are making this possible.
Transport as well as some food and beverage will be on offer too, including barista-made coffee and quick snacks.
The Remarkables will not open on Queen’s Birthday Weekend, but pass holders that ride The Remarkables also have access to Coronet Peak, so no one need be disappointed. The Remarkables is due to open on Saturday June 9.
- Canon 5D Mark IV & 70-200mm Lens - May 21, 2019
- Rumpl Original Puffy Blanket - May 19, 2019
- Best outdoor adventures in Kinosaki Onsen - May 18, 2019
- Repair and Reuse with Gear Aid - March 20, 2019
- Whale sharks arrive early to Ningaloo - March 12, 2019
- Tips for River Crossings in 4WD - March 1, 2019
- Glamping in the Red Centre - February 23, 2019
- Coral Regeneration with Anantara Maldives - February 22, 2019
- Explore Galápagos with Lindblad - February 21, 2019
- Unique Maldivian sanctuary in an inland jungle - February 20, 2019