The environment is set to take centre stage at cinemas around Melbourne, with the Environmental Film Festival Australia (EFFA) announcing its biggest ever program for 2019.
From a record 857 films submitted from around the world, the programming team has selected 44 inspiring and thought-provoking films from 18 countries, including feature, short, experimental and – for the first time – even kids’ and youth films!
Where Wild Things Roam is excited to attend the event to support the short film, Sides of a Horn. Written and Directed by Toby Wosskow, from Executive Producer Sir Richard Branson, Side of a Horn is the first film to tell the story of Africa’s poaching war from both sides of the fence.
This year, EFFA is at more venues, with more to offer, including two special Industry Insider sessions, connecting filmmakers and documentary fans alike with the talent behind top environmental documentaries, including Just Eat It: A Food Waste Story, The Magical Land of Oz and 2040.
The theme of this year’s festival is SEE. CHANGE. A pun on the idyllic ‘sea change’ which is increasingly threatened, this theme is also a call to action. ‘SEE’ films which will empower you with the perspectives, facts and tools needed to help you enact ‘CHANGE’, the change we all need to make to protect our precious planet.
View the full program HERE for festival highlights, stay tuned on social media to hear more about the 30 thought leaders and experts joining for panel chats, and come along from 24 October – 1 November at Cinema Nova, Palace Westgarth, IMAX and other select venues for a powerful program which sparks critically important conversations and action.
For more visit www.effa.org.au
- How not to ruin the ruins in Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico - October 15, 2019
- Australia’s largest ever Environmental Film Festival - October 3, 2019
- Roam Philippines’ UNESCO World Heritage Sites - September 27, 2019
- Prodigy Surfers Clean-Up Coastlines - September 26, 2019
- Canon’s photography tips for the golden hour - September 24, 2019
- Adventures to Inspire your Wanderlust - September 10, 2019
- Rhino conservation in South Africa - September 3, 2019
- Photography for a cause in New Zealand - September 2, 2019
- Hike the South Island of New Zealand - August 25, 2019
- Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Rhino-Rack Backbone - August 21, 2019