Adventure awaits in New South Wales
Travel bans have been lifted in New South Wales and that leaves 213 days left in the year to go explore and #RoamAtHome with 213 Ways to Reboot 2020.
With a list of 213 NSW travel adventures to be had across an array of diverse and unique experiences across the state, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Now is the time to get out there and make up for lost time by sailing on Sydney Harbour, hiking through the Blue Mountains, surfing in Byron Bay, diving with marine life on the South Coast, or drinking an award-winning drop from one of 14 wine regions.
Featuring in the list are more than 102 New South Wales destinations, 131 operators, 37 hotels and other accommodations, 28 national parks, 19 animal encounters and more.
Here are some of our top picks from the list:
Hire a yacht and sail on spectacular Sydney Harbour, stopping in at some of the harbour’s most beautiful beaches, accessible only by boat.
Head to Bondi, Australia’s most famous beach, for a surf lesson and lunch at Icebergs Dining Room & Bar.
Explore Lord Howe Island, home to the world’s southernmost coral reef, and endangered and endemic bird life.
Go stargazing and explore Australia’s first Dark Sky Park in the Warrumbungles.
- Swim with whales with Dive Jervis Bay, from August to November as whales make their way along ‘Humpback Highway’.
- Swim, snorkel and dive with seals in the crystal-clear waters of Jervis Bay and off the coast of Narooma, around Montague Island.
- Visit Australia’s only Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie, on NSW’s mid North Coast, which treats around 250 sick and injured koalas a year.
The great outdoors
- Make a splash in NSW’s iconic ocean pools – there are 100 along the coast.
- Go hiking in the Blue Mountains and snap a selfie in front of the Three Sisters.
- Find out if you have what it takes to make it down Australia’s longest ski run, Thredbo’s Crackenback Supertrail.
- Watch the sunset at The Living Desert Sculptures in Broken Hill, an outdoor art collection of 12 sandstone sculptures created by artists from around the world
- Dine under the sails of Sydney Opera House at Bennelong Restaurant and order chef Peter Gilmore’s stunning dessert, inspired by the iconic building itself.
- Enjoy freshly shucked Sydney Rock oysters straight from the farm gate on the NSW South Coast.
- Sip Australia’s most awarded semillon at Tyrrell’s Winery in the Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest wine region.
- Change your life on NSW’s South Coast with an immersive cultural tour run by Ngaran Ngaran Cultural Awareness at Narooma – learn about the Yuin people and dreamtime stories of Mount Gulaga.
- View the Walls of China in Mungo National Park in Outback NSW, dramatic formations sculpted by wind and erosion, where 36,000-year-old relics of ancient Aboriginal culture have been discovered.
- See Aboriginal rock art and hear Dreamtime stories about the culture and mythology of Mutawintji Historic Site near Broken Hill in outback NSW.
- Take a quad tour of the Stockton Sand Dunes with Sand Dune Adventures through Worimi land.
For more information and to view the full 213 Ways to Reboot NSW in 2020 list, go to visitnsw.com/213adventures
Don’t forget to share your favourite Sydney and NSW holidays on social media by using the hashtag #LoveNSW or #NewSouthWales.